VPS-hosting is a hosting service in which the user is provided with a virtual server, which is physically located on the servers in the data center along with other virtual servers. Renting a VPS server gives you greater freedom in managing the resource, but allows you to save on payment.
What is a VPS?
When choosing a hosting, the user is faced with the choice of a more powerful solution in the form of a dedicated server or the simplest option in the form of shared hosting. In the first case, one gets maximum comfort over resources and productivity, for which you have to pay. In the second, the savings are maximum, but the options are limited to a minimum.
VPS hosting is an intermediate option, in which the user gets to use a server that is emulated on a powerful supercomputer in a data center using specialized software. It is possible to order such a service cheaply, but at the same time, the site’s owner has the following options:
- The client receives the allocated amount of memory, processor cores and allocated space, which do not change depending on the number of users and the load on the server;
- To connect to the Internet, a channel of the required width is allocated;
- The site administrator or programmer is provided with the widest possible management capabilities, up to the independent change of the managing operating system.
Unlike Shared hosting, a virtual server allows you to immediately lay a reserve for the development of an Internet project, but without overpaying for a dedicated physical server.
Benefits of VPS
Mastercard VPS server hosting has the following advantages:
- Flexibility of settings. When using a virtual server, the administrator gets full access to his settings and can manage it as his own computer. Only the allocated resources of the physical computer are limited. The user can install and configure various operating systems and own software, delete and modify any files, control processors. The server installs its own web server, ftp and mail server, mysql, etc.
- IP address. When ordering VPS hosting services, the site is assigned one IP. When using a virtual server, the user independently sets the rules for address allocation, routing, opens and closes ports. It is possible to assign your own IP to each site.
- Performance. With shared hosting, there is a danger of slowing down the site or software due to the fact that computer resources were occupied by another user. In VPS, it is impossible to encounter such a situation, since each user is allocated strictly defined resources and it is impossible to redistribute them in the process.